Seeing that the police sided with the school, Ding Jiayi had no choice but to shout loudly, hoping that Qiao Nan would hear her.

"…" The guard's expression turned grim. He took an old towel and shut her up with it as if she was a prisoner. "Police officers, I am really sorry. Our school places great importance on education. The students are having their lessons now. We have no other choice but to do this. What's more, we want to protect her, lest she turns hoarse from her shouts. Others may not understand the situation and misunderstand that we are doing harm to her."

"We understand. Alright, we will send her to the hospital," the police officers said nicely.

"How can you be police officers? Didn't you hear what I said just now? If my daughter is not studying at this school, how will I know her name?" Ding Jiayi spat out the towel in her mouth and fumed in anger.

The guard was worried. Would the police officer believe her words? How did she easily spit out the towel in her mouth?

"Qiao Nan is the provincial top scholar in middle school examination. She has done Ping Cheng proud. You are not the only one who knows her name. We know her as well. Does that mean we are her father?" The police officers laughed. Qiao Nan was on the Ping Cheng newspaper. Everyone in Ping Cheng knew that Qiao Nan was the provincial top scholar in the middle school examination. How could this woman claim that Qiao Nan was her daughter?

"Damn!" Ding Jiayi screamed like a cat whose tail had been stepped on. If these two police officers were the father of Qiao Nan, what would become of Ding Jiayi?

"I have placed it securely!" The guard stuffed the towel that Ding Jiayi spat out back into her mouth. He did not stuff it properly on his first try hence she could easily spit it out. This time, he was sure that she would not have the chance to spout nonsense anymore.

"Good." The police officers led Ding Jiayi into the police car.

"Have a safe journey." The guards wiped the beads of perspiration on his forehead as he watched Ding Jiayi left with the police officers. They had never encountered such an unreasonable parent in their career. If she were to create more troubles next time, they would definitely resign.

The principal breathed a sigh of relief when he heard that the police had finally taken Ding Jiayi away.

Ding Jiayi was a curse to Qiao Nan and to the school.

"Haha, it is our fortune that Qiao Nan did not come to our school." The principal of The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China heard the news and was elated.

The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China and Ping Cheng High School were among the top high schools in Ping Cheng. The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China was a private school, whereas the latter was a public school. But when it came to the reputation of the school, The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China was a notch higher than Ping Cheng High School.


Therefore, most of the good students would choose to go to The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China. Ping Cheng High School was the next best alternative.

Ping Cheng High School had always wanted to catch up with The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China, but the latter did not care about the former.

This year, due to Qiao Nan, the relationship between the two high schools had become strained.

In the past, it was rare for students in Ping Cheng to come in the first place in the middle school examination. Usually, the top scholar would be from the province. In general, there was an 80% chance that the student would choose The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China, and a 20% chance that the student would choose some other high schools but not Ping Cheng High School.

However, Qiao Nan was an exception. Not only was she the middle school examination top scholar from Ping Cheng, but she also chose to study at Ping Cheng High School.

Because of the previous incident, whereby Qiao Zijin used Qiao Nan's essay as her own and took part in the essay competition and the matter was then escalated to the Education Bureau, the director of the Education Bureau had a bad impression of The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China and Qiao Zijin. Hence, it put The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China in an awkward position. On one hand, they hoped that Qiao Nan was their student as she was very outstanding. On the other hand, they harbored resentment toward Qiao Nan as they suffered shame due to the essay incident.

What made matters worse was that after the results were out, Qiao Nan chose to enroll in Ping Cheng High School instead of The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China.

The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China wanted Qiao Nan to join them, but because of the essay incident, they did not take the initiative to approach Qiao Nan.

To The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China, it was a pity not to have a middle school examination top scholar as their student.

Ever since Qiao Nan's enrollment in Ping Cheng High School, some of the teachers in The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China would track Qiao Nan's results diligently, more so than the teachers of Ping Cheng High School. Whenever there was an important exam in Ping Cheng High School, the teachers would find a way to know Qiao Nan's performance as soon as the results were out.

Every time they knew of Qiao Nan's ranking in Ping Cheng High School and her total score, only those parties concerned would know the mixed feelings they felt deep down.

As the form teacher of the first year's class one in The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China, the teacher was not only concerned about Qiao Nan's results, but also managed to get the test papers of Ping Cheng High School and let his student who ranked first in the level do the test papers.

The form teacher turned pale at the results.

The form teacher thought that no one would know that he was secretly monitoring Qiao Nan's results, but in fact, the principal had learned about it. After finding out the difference in the score between the student who ranked first among the level in their school and Qiao Nan who ranked first among the level in Ping Cheng High School, the principal felt even more gloomy and depressed than the form teacher.

Every year, The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China would do well in the college entrance examination. No matter how well the students from Ping Cheng High School did in the exams, they were no match for The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China.

However, things were different this year. The principal of The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China could not help but feel worried given that Qiao Nan had such good grades.

He had been the principal for a long time. He could tell that Qiao Nan was a good student. As a principal and a teacher, it was one's greatest regret and chagrin that such a good student did not study in his own school.

Three years from now, would the college entrance examination top scholar be from Ping Cheng High School? Did that mean that The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China would have to relinquish the top spot to Ping Cheng High School?

Definitely not!

The principal of The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China was still upset about this matter, pondering whether he should think of ways to make Qiao Nan transfer to their school when Ding Jiayi stirred up trouble at Ping Cheng High School.

The form teacher and the principal always had the firsthand information about everything that was related to Qiao Nan, whether it was good or bad. They were even more concerned about Qiao Nan than some of the teachers in Ping Cheng High School.

They learned that Ding Jiayi had tarnished the reputation of Qiao Nan and she almost could not study at Ping Cheng High School. She then made a ruckus at Ping Cheng High School and was taken to the police station. Ding Jiayi was the mother of Qiao Nan, and Qiao Nan was a student at Ping Cheng High School. Once everyone knew about this, Ping Cheng High School would be in trouble!

Fortunately, Qiao Nan did not study at The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China. Otherwise, they would be the one who had to face all these troubles.

While the principal from The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China was still gloating over others misfortune, crossing his legs, and enjoying his tea while humming a song in his office, his phone rang. "Hello, what did you say?! Can you repeat what you said?"

iFiction

Index

Leave a comment

Rebirth to a Military Marriage: Good Morning ChiefPlease bookmark this page so you can get latest update for Rebirth to a Military Marriage: Good Morning Chief

http://www.ifiction.to

Red Novels 2019, enjoy reading with us.